80 Alcatraz Avenue
Located on the southern tip of Corinthian Island in Belvedere, this captivating estate offers exceptional style and light filled living spaces. This extraordinary luxury retreat was designed to encompass world class views of San Francisco, Angel Island, Raccoon Strait, the Bay Bridge, and across the bay.
Beautifully renovated and expanded by the current owner of 40 years with the utmost of quality in mind.
Graced with mature landscaping and all day sun, the grounds feature a multitude of entertainment areas, picturesque gardens, expansive terraces, and a private deck with outdoor kitchen and pizza oven.
The perfect location only steps to downtown Tiburon's Main Street, waterfront restaurants, boutique shops, Corinthian Yacht Club, San Francisco Yacht Club, and the San Francisco and Angel Island ferry service.
The one of a kind residence was custom built in 1915 for Captain Edwin Johnson, who captained the ferryboat Cazadero between Tiburon and San Francisco in the early part of the last century.
- 5005 +/- square feet
- 4 bedrooms, 4 1/2 bathrooms
- 10,790 +/- square foot lot
- 270 degree view of the San Francisco Bay, including the San Francisco city skyline, the Bay Bridge, downtown Tiburon, Raccoon Strait, Angel Island, Alcatraz Island, the Corinthian and San Francisco Yacht Club harbors, Belvedere Island, and more
- Hand-troweled and Venetian plaster walls and arches
- Swedish engineered, "Tanums Fonster" tilt and open windows
- Original patterned hardwood floors
- Central heating and air-conditioning in main living areas
- Radiant heat in master bath and lower level recreation room
- Two car garage plus off-street parking for two additional cars
- Mature gardens with multiple entertainment areas, picturesque landscape, and meandering pathways
- Lovely hand-painted entry foyer
- Airy and elegant living room with wood-burning fireplace
- Light-filled sitting room off the living room opens to the expansive entertainment terrace with sweeping views across the Bay
- Thoughtfully designed gourmet kitchen offering everything for the culinary enthusiast, granite slab central island with seating, custom wood cabinetry, pantry storage, upgraded lighting, high end appliances including a Sub-Zero refrigerator, Miele steam oven, (2) wolf ovens, and a warming oven
- Hidden dishwashing station featuring a stainless steel sink, Bosch dishwasher, and two Fisher Paykel dishwasher drawers
- Custom pewter wet bar with wine refrigerators
- Tastefully updated powder room
- Family room with gas fireplace, coffered ceilings, and arched bay windows highlighting the sparkling water, city, and island views
- Formal dining room with oversized picture window framing San Francisco and the Bay
- Generous size deck with large BBQ and wood-burning pizza oven adjacent to main kitchen, perfect for al fresco dining with family and friends
- Luxurious private master bedroom suite with view terrace highlighting the picturesque views of San Francisco and the Bay
- Spacious master bath featuring heated tile floors, towel warmers, double sinks, soaking tub with skylight, and walk-in shower
- Oversized walk-in master closet with generous hanging space and storage
- Two additional en suite bedrooms, one with a large view terrace
- Large finished storage room
- Large recreation room (or alternative 4th bedroom suite) with open floor plan, sleeping areas and comfortable lounge, gas fireplace, and full bath with designer finish work
- Separate entrance from the main house, steps from the driveway
- Spacious laundry room with ample storage
- Fitness studio
- Wet/dry Swedish "Tylo" sauna
- Indoor/outdoor “Garden Room” featuring walls of arched windows and paver tiled floors, wet bar, traditional wood burning fireplace, and an inviting wine cellar